I am generally interested in the area of representation learning. More specifically, I am interested in the following areas: semi-supervision, self-supervision, and model robustness. I work at Hugging Face as a Developer Advocate Engineer focusing on democratizing Machine Learning (ML) tooling. For more details on my work experience, check out my LinkedIn profile.
I enjoy implementing research ideas, sometimes incorporating them into practical applications, and communicating my implementation details through articles. I advocate for highly readable and self-contained code. I primarily use Python for programming. I am proficient in TensorFlow and an intermediate learner in PyTorch.
I have a flair for open-source initiatives. In particular, I have contributed to Keras, KerasCV, 🤗 Transformers, TensorFlow Hub, Keras Examples, TensorFlow Addons, and Neural Structured Learning. Off the work, I like writing technical articles, working on applied ML ideas, and giving talks at developer conferences.
For my community contributions and innovative projects, the Intel Software Innovator Program recognized me as one of their top innovators in 2019. For my open-source contributions, I received the Google Open Source Peer Bonus Award in 2020, 2021, and 2022, and TensorFlow Top Contributor Award in 2021. A detailed account of the awards and recognitions is available here.
- Developer Advocate Engineer, Hugging Face 🤗 (October 2022 - Present)
- Machine Learning Engineer, Carted (June 2021 - October 2022)
- Deep Learning Associate, PyImageSearch (June 2019 - June 2021)
- Data Science Instructor, DataCamp (August 2018 - June 2019) (on contract)
- Software Engineer, TCS Research and Innovation (January 2018 - August 2018)
- Software Engineer, Tata Consultancy Services Limited (July 2017 - January 2018)
- Intern, CareerIn (Dec, 2016 - Feb, 2017)
Badges I proudly endorse:
- Google Developer Expert in Machine Learning and Google Cloud Platform (bit.ly/expert-sp)
- Google for Startups Mentor (bit.ly/gfs-sp)
- Intel Software Innovator (bit.ly/isi-sp)
An honour to be their son 🙂
- Tapas Kumar Paul
- Baby Paul