On this page, I have listed some things that I do/used to do in the pursuit of “happyness”.
- Taught under-privileged children and managed operations for a TCS-CSR initiative called H20 (Helping Hand Organization) (2017)
- Moderator of the Artificial Intelligence channel of Campus Commune (Jan, 2018 - August, 2018)
- Book reviewer for Manning Publications Co (2019 - )
- Co-organizer of GDG Kolkata (2019 - 2021)
- Organizer of TensorFlow User Group Kolkata (2020 - 2021)
- Launchpad Women Entrepreneurs (2019)
- Explore ML Academy, Hyderabad (2019)
- AI Hack Tunisia (2019)
- Class III (2019) of Launchpad Accelerator India (Tweet by GoogleDevsIN)
- Google Code-in for TensorFlow through December, 2019 - January 2020 (Certificate)
- Build For Digital India Bootcamps through January 2020 - February 2020 (Tweet by GoogleDevsIN)
- Explore ML Bootcamp, Hyderabad (2020) (Tweet by GoogleDevsIN)
- Google for Startups MENA Accelerator 2020 (this was formerly known as Launchpad)
- Google for Startups India Accelerator 2020, 2021
- Mentored for TensorFlow at Google Summer of Code 2021 (GSoC). Students: Aditya Kane and Vasudev Gupta. Here’s a related blog post from TensorFlow.
- Deep Learning Indaba. Various university students from Africa since the mentorship program is Africa-focused (2021- 2022).
- Mentored for TensorFlow at GSoC 2022. Students: Aditya Kane, Sayan Nath, and Mohammad Shoaib. My mentorship certificate is here.
- Google for Startups India Women Founders Accelerator (2022).
Apart from the occasions mentioned above, I have mentored individual students, students belonging to Google Developer Student Clubs, etc. But I don’t have any recorded documents for these. I enjoy sharing my learnings with those in need and, in turn, learning from them.
Awards and recognition
- Recipient of the Google Open Source Peer Bonus Award (2020, 2021, and 2022). Here’s a related blog post (from the official Google Open Source Blog) jotting down the experiences that led to this honor (2020).
- Led our team at PyImageSearch to Top 10 at this CVPR 2021 competition.
- Finished 2nd (with Siddha Ganju) at this competition (2021) organized by the NASA Impact team (Certificate).
- Received (sometimes jointly) the #TFCommunitySpotlight award multiple times for projects with varying use-cases, tooling, and motivation. Details in the following tweets by TensorFlow: Tweet 1, Tweet 2, Tweet 3, Tweet 4, Tweet 5, Tweet 6, Tweet 7, Tweet 8, Tweet 9, and Tweet 10.
- Ranked 8 at Applied Roots Blogathon 2021.
- Recipient of the Intel Top Innovator Award (2019).
- Became a Google Cloud Innovator (Champion tier).
- Awarded as the Top Regional Contributor from India for TensorFlow, 2021. Blog post and Tweet from TensorFlow.
- Received NeurIPS 2021 AI4Science Workshop Travel Grant for this work.
- Received the Google OSS Expert Prize (February, 2022) with Soumik Rakshit for this work.
- Received the Google OSS Expert Prize (March, 2022) with Aritra Roy Gosthipaty for this work.
- Received the Google OSS Expert Prize (April, 2022) for this work.
- Received the Google OSS Expert Prize (May, 2022) with Aritra Roy Gosthipaty for this work.
- Awarded as a Top Contributor to Papers With Code. Award link is here.
- Accepted to the Oxford ML Summer School (2022) for the healthcare track. Certificate link is here.
- Received the Kaggle ML Research Spotlight Prize (September, 2022) for this work.
- Received the Kaggle ML Research Spotlight Prize (November, 2022) for this work.
- Secured 2nd place in the first ever Keras Community Prize Competition organized by Google for this project with Chansung Park.
- I love listening to all genres of music. A guitar player myself. Have played in a band Behest from 2013 to 2017.
- I love watching TV serials also (Narcos, Suits, Downton Abbey, Breaking Bad, Ozark being all-time favorites).